Wheatgrass Health Benefits
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is the young grass stage of grain plants (wheat, rice, and oats are grasses) taken just after sprouting.
Known as one of nature's few "Whole Foods," wheatgrass is fast becoming one of the most widely used supplemental health foods in America.
There are Bushels of Wheatgrass Health Benefits:
Within its young tender sprouts lie one of nature's few "whole foods" -- fast becoming one of the most popular and widely used health supplements for very sound nutritional reasons.
Wheatgrass Health Benefits
Chlorophyll ... 20 amino acids, several hundred different enzymes not found in other foods, as many as 90 out of 102 possible minerals, a full menu of vitamins, phytochemicals, and other important nutrients. Authorities have described chlorophyll as "Quite possibly the closest thing to the fountain of youth man has ever conjured up."
Top 10 Wheatgrass Health Benefits
- Rocket your energy level skyward by breaking down carbohydrates into glucose
- Increase your focus, concentration, and clarity -- with increased oxygen and blood flow
- Detoxify, neutralize, and flush out deadly poisons from your body
- Stop absorbing any more toxins -- including dangerous cancer-causing dioxins in your food, water, and air
- Enhance your peristaltic movement (it helps you go and keeps you regular)
- Oxygenate your blood -- benefits all the cells in your body
- Bolster your immune system and nervous system -- by breaking down fats and proteins
- Tone up your stomach and intestinal muscles
- Experience healthier skin, hair, eyes, mouth, and liver
- Promote cell growth and division -- especially in red blood cells to prevent anemia
Where Do the Wheatgrass Health Benefits Come From?
Well, wheatgrass is plain chock full of nutrition! Take a look:
- Amino Acids: tryptophan, glutamic acid, alanine, methionine, arginine, lysine, aspartic acid, cystine, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryosine, valine, and small polypeptides
- Enzymes: super-oxide dismutase, peroxidase, phosphatase, catalase, cytochrome oxidase, dnase, RnaseSuperoxide, hexokinase, malic dehygrogenase, nitrate reductase, nitrogen oxyreductase, fatty acid oxidase, phosolipase, polyphenoloxidase, dismustase, transhydrogenase (all told: several hundred enzymes not found in other foods)
- Phytochemicals: chlorophyll, carotenoids, bioflavonoids, growth hormones, RNA, DNA
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Vitamin E (succinate), Vitamin A (beta-carotene), choline, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine) , B7 (biotin), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin K
- Minerals and Trace Minerals (partial list): zinc, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, boron, chloride, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, nickel, sodium, sulphur (up to as many as 90 out of 102 possible minerals)
- Fatty Acids: linolenic acid
Wheatgrass Contains the Entire B-complex
The B-complex vitamins are actually a group of eight vitamins, which include:
The B-complex is essential for:
- Delivering energy by breaking down carbohydrates into glucose
- Helping the immune and nervous systems by breaking down fats and proteins
- Maintaining toned stomach and intestinal muscles
- Maintaining healthy skin, hair, eyes, mouth, and the liver
- Promote cell growth and division especially in red blood cells to prevent anemia
Wheatgrass Health Benefits - It helps you go and keeps you regular.
Food passes from your mouth to your stomach (shown here) to your small intestine to your large intestine (your colon) and back to the world. Wheatgrass chlorophyll helps your colon by enhancing the movements that push stuff along and out, known as peristalsis. That keeps your insides healthy like a mountain stream with crystal clear water flowing through it instead of damming up like a smelly, stagnant, scummy pond.
Not only does wheatgrass: super-charge your blood with oxygen … boost your energy ... keep your mind laser-focused, razor-sharp, and crystal clear ... operating your central nervous system at peak state ... bring you healthier skin, hair, eyes, mouth, and liver ... improve your entire digestive tract from one end to the other ... and build a world class immune system ... But the chlorophyll in wheatgrass detoxifies your body of existing toxins -- including cancer causing agents -- while preventing more toxins from being digested.
Wheatgrass detoxifies and neutralizes existing toxins in your body.
Cholorophyll goes into your bloodstream. It makes a stops at your liver, where it cleans it and neutralizes carcinogens (agents that cause cancer) -- your liver uses chlorophyll to change toxic substances into neutral forms your body can easily flush out.
AND ... chlorophyll neutralizes mutagens (those horrid substances that alter your cells' DNA in ways that lead to cancer).
Wheatgrass prevents further toxin absorption - including dangerous dioxins in our food, water, and air.
Dioxins are known carcinogens. They are poisonous petroleumderived chemicals which are produced when herbicides (substances for killing plants) are made or when plastics are burned.They cause skin disease, birth defects, miscarriages, and mutations. Absolutely nasty stuff.
And they're everywhere, including in us: dioxins are persistent pollutants found in many of the foods we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, and are easily absorbed into our bodies and stored in our fat.
Studies show that chlorophyll-rich foods such as wheatgrass increase the amount of dioxins that pass through you without being absorbed.
It's no small wonder that authorities describe chlorophyll as "the closest thing to the fountain of youth!”